This project is inspired by the life and work of Ella Mary Leather and her book The Folk-Lore of Herefordshire.
MASH Cinema worked with local history groups, students and artists to create immersive 360° audiovisual experiences that bring these stories to life.
The stories are site-specific and require you to travel to the locations in which they took place. You experience the stories on your smartphone. Here’s how to access them:
- Make sure you have Youtube app installed before heading to the locations. You can download it here Download Youtube For Android Download Youtube For Apple/ iOS
- Travel to the location given on the stories page e.g. Giant’s Elbow.
- Turn on mobile data (3G/4G/5G) on your phone
- Allow Location Permissions in Browser
- Put your headphones in (these stories use binaural 360° audio)
- Hold up your phone (landscape) so it is pointing towards the same landmark as shown in the example photo on the stories page
- Press PLAY. Enjoy the story, and don’t forget to look around!
- If you have any issues see our FAQs page
We would love to know what you think about your experience, please leave feedback on this survey.